At Priory Rise we encourage all children to take pride in their appearance and all children are expected to arrive for school smartly dressed in their school uniform. We believe a uniform helps to establish a strong community identity and supports the purposeful learning environment. The school is committed to working with parents to ensure that the correct uniform is worn by all children.
Our chosen schoolwear provider is: Kedaph Schoolwear Ltd
It is an expectation that all Priory Rise children wear the approved school uniform. Happily, our children take great pride in their school and this is always reflected in the way they dress for school.
- Royal blue sweatshirt/sweat cardigan with Priory Rise logo
- White polo shirt with or without Priory Rise logo
- Dark grey trousers/skirt/pinafore dress
- Royal blue fleece with Priory Rise logo (optional)
- Grey, white or black socks or tights
As above with the option of:
- Royal blue checked summer dress
- Dark grey school shorts
Footwear, Jewellery and Hair
- Sensible all-black shoes (trainers are not permitted except on PE days)
- Jewellery, nail varnish or make-up is not permitted with the exception of a standard watch. The wearing of watches that can connect to the internet is not permitted. Children with pierced ears may wear one sleeper or stud in the lobe of each ear.
- Parents are asked to ensure children’s hair styles and hair accessories are appropriate for school and in keeping with the spirit of the Uniform Policy. Extremes of hairstyle including bright colours, tramlines and shaved heads are not permitted.
PE Kit for PE days
Children are asked to wear their PE kit to school on the days when they will have their PE or games lessons. It is the expectation that children continue to take great pride in wearing their PE uniform in the same way that they wear their standard school uniform.
- Royal blue shadow stripe shorts
- Round necked plain white or Priory Rise logo T-shirt
- Black plimsolls or suitable all-black trainers
- Royal blue ‘Priory Rise’ logo hoodie or fleece
- Grey or black jogging bottoms (not gym leggings)
For gymnastics lessons in the school hall, children work in bare feet and all watches must be removed.
We ask that either children do not wear earrings to school on the days they have PE or that they cover them with a plaster or micropore tape brought from home. For safety reasons, long hair should be tied back and children should bring a suitable band or hair tie from home for this purpose.
- Royal blue sweatshirt/cardigan with the Priory Rise logo
- White polo shirt with or without the Priory Rise logo
- Plain dark bottoms – eg. black, grey, navy
Parents of all children are asked to ensure that all clothing is named so that lost items can be quickly returned to their owner.
The Governing Board of Priory Rise School is committed to ensuring value for money with our uniform suppliers and will keep arrangements under review to ensure continued quality and value for money. Following detailed information received from a number of uniform suppliers we have decided that for the embroidered sweatshirts, sweat cardigans, PE uniform items, optional embroidered polo shirts and optional fleeces that Kedaph Schoolwear represents the best value. In selecting our choice of uniform supplier we took into account the following issues:
- Overall cost
- Quality of clothing
- Washing instructions and resistance to fading
- Ease of availability for parents
- Ease of purchase
The embroidered sweatshirts, embroidered sweat cardigans, embroidered polo shirts, fleeces and PE kits can be purchased directly from Kedaph Schoolwear via the link below or by visiting their shop, located on Lennox Road, Bletchley, MK2 2HH. The remaining uniform items such as trousers, skirts and plain polo tops may be purchased either at the Kedaph shop or at a wide variety of stores.
In addition, the school holds a selection of pre-loved Priory Rise school uniform items bearing the school logo.
We very much appreciate parents’ support in ensuring children arrive smartly dressed in their appropriate school uniform, and thank you in advance for this.
Any requests for any exceptions to the Uniform Policy regarding the wearing of items of religious significance must be made to the Headteacher in advance. Each request will be considered on an individual basis.